Winter/Spring 2017 Programming
The Winter/Spring 2017 Youth Programming Guides are out! Click here
for the Teen Programs and click here
for the Children's Programs.
Upcoming Children's highlights include:
- Reading is Cool Winter Reading Program (Dec. 5-March 4) Ages 2-18: Stay engaged with reading during the coolest part of the year! Earn raffle tickets for reading to put toward fun prizes. Prizes will be drawn in March when the program ends.
- Disney Party (Saturday, April 1 from 10:30-12): Children ages 3-7 are invited to our Disney party! Come dressed as your favorite Disney character for a party celebrating all things Disney! Party goers will partake in Disney crafts, games, and some light refreshments. Program is limited to 40 participants on a first come first serve basis. Register at the children's desk.
Upcoming Teen Highlights:
- Teen Advisory Board (Ever first Thursday of the month starting at 4 p.m.): Where you get to be the boss of us! Come tell us what teen programs you'd like to see the library offer. Help prep upcoming programs and enjoy some snacks!
- Teen Tech Week Bingo (Monday, Feb. 27-Saturday, March 11): Celebrate Teen Tech Week by participating in our Teen Tech Bingo. Bingo cards can be picked up at the Youth Services Desk. Completed Bingo cards must be turned in at the Youth Desk no later than 2 p.m. on March 11. Winners will receive a prize!
- Magazine Wall Art (Thursday March 16 from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.): Create eye popping art using just magazines and paper! Design whatever you can imagine!
- Teen Movie: The Hobbit (Saturday, March 18 at 10 a.m.): A reluctant hobbit, Bilbo Baggins, sets out with a spirited group of drawves to reclaim their mountain home and gold within it from the dragon Smaug. Rated PG-13. Runtime is 169 minutes.
The Library also offers the following programs:
1000 Books Before Kindergarten
The Jack Russell Memorial Library is pleased to offer this Early Literacy Program as part of a state-wide program called Growing Wisconsin Readers. Our 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten is open to any child beginning at birth until the start kindergarten.
Learning and a love for literacy is important at any age. Young minds will learn through language, stories, rhymes, and more. A parent must accompany children during these sessions. Baby Lapsit takes place alternating Mondays from 10:15-10:30 and is for ages 6 months to 17 months. No registration required.
Come aboard the Storytime Express for an experience filled with fun, stories, songs, and much more! All sessions include 20 minutes of storytime and 15 minutes of crafts. Preschool storytime is for ages 3 to 5 and takes place Tuesday mornings from 10:30-11:15 and Wednesday afternoons from 1:00-1:45. No registration required
Upcoming Dates & Themes:
- Feb. 28/March 1: Dr. Seuss
- March 7/8: Yum! Food
- March 14/15: St. Patrick's Day
- March 21/22: Spring
- March 28/29: Play & Pretend
- April 4/5: Stop & Go
- April 11/12: Easter
Little minds will learn, play, and explore with stories, fingerplays, and songs. Activities such as games, crafts, and freeplay will follow storytime. Toddler Time is for children ages 18 months to 3 years old and takes place Thursday mornings from 10:30-10:50. No registration required.
Upcoming Dates & Themes:
- March 2: Dr. Seuss
- March 9: Yum! Food
- March 16: St. Patrick's Day
- March 23: Spring
- March 30: Play & Pretend
- April 6: Stop & Go
- April 13: Easter
A storytime geared just for active toddlers (ages 18 months-3 years)! Toddlers can learn through parachute play to stories and songs.
Registration required. Limited to 10 children per session. Please call 262-673-8240 to register today!
- Feb. 27
- March 13
- March 27
- April 10
No School & Saturday Family Movies
Drop by the Library for a fun family film in the Community Room on select Friday afternoons. Also, enjoy a movie on early release or no school days for Hartford Jt. 1 School District. All movie times are listed below. Snacks from home welcome! No registration required. Children under 8 MUST be accompanied by an adult. Movie titles and screening dates subject to change based on availability.
- Friday, March 3 @ 3:30 p.m.-The Lorax
- Monday, March 13 @ 2 p.m.-Nine Lives
- Friday, April 21 @ 3:30 p.m.-Moana
Let's GO! LEGO!!
Bring your imagination to build fantastic LEGO
creations! The library provides the LEGOs and a
theme, YOU supply the creativity!
Ages 3+ and
perfect for the whole family! 1st Tuesday of the
month from 3:30-4:30. No registration required
Upcoming Dates (+Themes):
March 7: Spring
April 4: Things that go!
May 2: Community Helpers